I am sharing my own reviews on how would be the upcoming Staff Nurse examination of Tamilnadu Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB). I attended the first MRB Examination on 28.06.2015 & Scored 68.5 marks and got 290th Rank in the State.
Basically We may have many ideas regarding this MRB Staff Nurse Examination. Some People say the ‘Questions will be simple’, Some People say ‘Questions will be hard’.
Well, Of course, the Questions will be very simple unlike AIIMS, JIPMER, ESI. The Questions will be of DGNM Standard and will aim to test the basic knowledge of Nursing. Most Questions will be direct questions unlike Nclex Questions which will test your Applied Clinical knowledge.
In 2015 examination, most questions were from Midwifery, Community, Pediatrics, Fundamentals of Nursing and a few questions from psychiatry, Medical Surgical Nursing, Basic Anatomy & Physiology. This recruitment is mainly for National Health Mission Schemes i.e. Reproductive Child Health, Cemonc, RBSK, NBSU, SNCU etc. So this year recruitment also may have the same kind of questions.
Which books are best for the Preparation of MRB Staff Nurse Exam?
My best advice is to prepare using the text books. since we have 4 months of time for the examination, Text books are best sources. Because if you prepare with any Nursing competitive Exam MCQ books, you and your preparations will hang only around that book, your ideas will be shrunken. So always engage with text book readings.
Here some best books that i prepared and most of the successful candidates prepared for the 2015 examination.
- Nursing Foundation- Sister Nancy
- Medical Surgical Nursing- Lewis.
- Mental Health Nursing- R.Sreevani
- Child Health Nursing- Parul datta (small book)
- Midwifery- Annama jacob or D.C.Dutta or Myles
- Community Health Nursing- K.Park (Small Book)
In this, Lewis Medical Surgical Nursing Book will cover all the Basic anatomy and physiology also.
Apart from these prepare
- Basic Normal values
- Specialized Investigation
- Therapeutic levels of Drugs during a Treatment. (E.g. Therapeutic Level of Magnesium Sulphate is 4-7 MEq/L)
- Nursing Procedures (e.g. Gastric Lavage, Gastric Gavage, Catheterization, Enema etc.)
- Important Drug & its Antidotes (e.g. Antidote for Heparin is Protamine Sulphate, Antidote for Digoxin is Digibind etc)
- Basic Terminologies
- Fluid Calculation Formulas
- Drug Calculations Formulas
- Legal Aspects of Nursing.
- Important Signs & Symptoms of diseases.
You also have to take a look into the Official MRB Syllabus for Staff Nurse Examination.
Important Points to Remember While Writing MRB Staff Nurse Exam.
- There will be 200 Multiple Choice Question.
- Do not over write. Because If you over write in OMR Coding Sheets, Your answers may not be readable by the computer.
- There is no negative mark system. So Don’t Leave any question unattended.
- There is no Oral Interview. So You will be selected only based on your performance in the written Exam. So Perform well in the written Examination.
- Passing in Minimum Mark doesn’t guarantee your job. You should score well to secure the job.
- In a Same Mark there will be hundreds of candidates. I had around 90 people in the my 68.5 marks. So you always should aim to do your best.
- In 0.5 mark, you may miss your high rank. Because in 0.5 marks differentiation, there will be 500 candidates.
Another important thing is, Tamilnadu Government Conducts this MRB Staff Nurses Exam in a Honest & Transparent Manner. So Don’t be a victim of fraudulent People who may assure you government jobs for money. Every candidates name lists and marks will be published in the official website after exam. So there is no chance to make forgery. Please be aware of them.
Wish you all the Best for your Examination